Thomas Stottan completed an engineering apprenticeship at the Federal Institute for Communications Engineering and Electronics – after this training phase he worked for a large Austrian electronics company as a production manager. In addition to his love of amateur radio, he completed his training as a sound and acoustic engineer. After this, he founded AUDIO MOBIL Elektronik GmbH, for which he was able to develop countless innovations in the automotive industry and accompany them until they were ready for series production. Stottan is a co-founder of technical advances in the xFCD and HMI areas and develops the future of ICT in the automotive context on the basis of his many years of experience and current research findings.
His knowledge and ability to see outside the box are often used for lectures and expert talks.
Lectures / Presentations / Expert talks include:
- CarIT Congress IAA
- Vienna University of Economics
- University of Duisburg-Essen
- University Salzburg
- Johannes Kepler University Linz
Stottan is also in great demand as an author of professional articles and publications. In addition, Stottan is the originator of a great deal of specialist knowledge on technologies for the networked vehicle (vehicle operation, C2X communication, and autonomous driving).
- ZfAW – Magazine for the entire automotive value chain
- ATZ – Automobile technical magazine
- Future developments in mobility (Proff, Schönharting, Schramm, Ziegler)
- Man is the measure
The term “Mobility 3.0”, coined by Stottan years ago, describes efficient mobility through individual networking and the evolutionary development of mobility through information and communication technology as well as ICT as the basis and basic technology for automated driving. His many years of experience in these areas of mobility development have made Stottan a fixed point in numerous specialist committees, where he helps to shape the future of vehicle networking sustainably through consulting activities.
Working groups / advisory boards include:
- Austrian Standards Institute – Committee 038 (Road Vehicles)
- Automotive Cluster Upper Austria Advisory Board
- CIS initiative of the Austrian Federal government (topic deflection)
- Connected Mobility Initiative
- Goslar traffic court day